"Like poetry, fashion does not state anything. It merely suggests."-Karl Lagerfeld

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Style Icon Stevie Nicks

“I’ll be very, very sexy under 18 pounds of chiffon and lace and velvet,” Ms. Nicks promised herself as a teenager. “And nobody will know who I really am.”



Today is the husky voiced singers birthday and I wanted to honor her amazing sense of style. I have always had a strong regard for Stevie Nicks since I was a child. My parents listened to Fleetwood Mac religiously on long car rides. I could easily sing all their songs word for word.

I also have a fondness for her because she reminds me so much of my sister Brianna. My mom wanted to name her Rhianna after she heard the song Rhiannon...my father wouldn't let that fly. But she also reminds me of Nicks looks wise. She could have been Stevie's lost love child.



see what I mean?

I've always loved Stevie's long blond hair, big doe eyes and cupid lips making her still look like an innocent child at 63 years old. I also have loved her ethereal, gypsy, pagan, hippie style.  Below are some of my favorite looks of hers.






Back to the gypsy...

No comments:

Post a Comment