"Like poetry, fashion does not state anything. It merely suggests."-Karl Lagerfeld

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lady Gaga January Cover of Elle

I am a lover of Elle magazine and of Lady Gaga. I have read the magazine for years now but I find that this year they have outdone themselves with staying on top of trends as well as their shoots looking just aesthetically pleasing. This could be a result of Nina Garcia (Elle Magazines former fashion director and judge to Bravo's Project Runway) stepping down from her position and handing the torch to new fashion director Alexis Bryan in April this year. Garcia has moved on to Marie Claire.

I was pleased to see that this month that the amazing Lady Gaga will be appearing on the January cover of Elle. Perhaps a great way to begin a a new year in fashion. Lady Gaga's career skyrocketed immensely in just one year. She was essentially an unknown until her single "Just Dance" hit radio.

She has become the new Queen of Pop music and is changing the face of fashion, often compared to David Bowie. I was pleased to see her in the May Issue of Rolling Stone this year and read the article maybe 20 times. In the article she had said in the interview, "I don’t feel like I look like the other perfect little pop singers. I think I’m changing what people think is sexy." Also in the article she admitted that after dropping out of NYU, she would order bags of cocaine and spend ours perfecting her hair and makeup. She admitted that it was craziness but in turn probably helped her create an image for herself.



Gaga said in recent interview with Ellen DeGeneres , "I want to create a space for my fans where they can feel free and they can celebrate, because I didn't fit in, in high school, I felt like a freak. So I like to create this atmosphere for my fans where they feel like they have a freak in me to hang out with."


Bad Romance video is oozing with fashion from Alexander McQueen to Haus of Gaga.



The Elle magazine website has posted a behind the scenes video of Lady Gaga's fashion shoot for the January issue. I'm am stoked to see it, Gaga certainly deserves a cover of a high end fashion magizine and I'm sure will continue to be a music and fashion icon for well into 2010.

In the issue she will be talking about stress sexuality and her romantic future.

No comments:

Post a Comment